Seeking Alpha: https://seekingalpha.com/
Seeking Alpha is a platform for investment research, with broad coverage of stocks, asset classes, ETFs and investment strategy. In contrast to other equity research platforms, insight is provided by investors and industry experts rather than sell-side analysts. This means that the information is being generated by experts with no financial ties to the data. Seeking Alpha has three outstanding characteristics:
- Breadth: Seeking Alpha has remarkably broad coverage of stocks, including more than 4,000 small and mid cap stocks covered in the past year.
- Depth: With over 10,000 contributing authors and 280,000+ commenters, insight and discussion are informed and sophisticated.
- Influence: Seeking Alpha articles frequently move stocks, due to a large and influential readership which includes money managers, business leaders, journalists and bloggers.
MarketWatch, published by Dow Jones & Co., tracks the pulse of markets for engaged investors with more than 16 million visitors per month. The site is a leading innovator in business news, personal finance information, real-time commentary and investment tools and data, with dedicated journalists generating hundreds of headlines, stories, videos and market briefs a day from 10 bureaus in the U.S., Europe and Asia. MarketWatch has several key characteristics which make it good for searching out market trends and picking stocks successfully:
- Combined Analyst ratings from major firms put together into one general consensus for easy picks
- Video content hosted by industry experts on the latest new stories. Fast acting reporting and informational stories allow traders to follow trends that directly impact share pricing.
- Insider information that tracks trading of higher ups and industry experts. Full financial data from historical analysis and rates
Both platforms each have unique views on the market; one as more of a blog format and the other as a stock news service with special insight. Using each of these sites in tandem together makes the stock buyer able to be informed about their choices and able to increase their ROI with respect to their value oriented stock buying. Try them out next time you are researching a stock to buy!